What is Care Management?
Care management is a service to provide planning and coordinating care for those with physical and or mental health impairments to meet long term care needs, improve quality of life, and facilitate independence. Care managers can develop teams of medical providers, social services, legal, financial, and other professionals to provide, what we call, wrap around care. Care managers can serve clients directly, and/or serve as consultants to families and other responsible parties.
Bay Area In Home Care Managers are top tiered professionals certified by Aging Life Care Association and nationally recognized for excellence. They have master’s or doctorate level degrees in mental health or medical fields, and/or are licensed in their disciplines (i.e. social worker, family therapist, registered nurse, etc.).
Care management can include:
- Planning for and monitoring safety
- Comprehensive assessment and care planning tailored to individual needs
- Coordination and oversight of in home services
- Review and coordination of financial, legal, and medical issues
- Asset preservation
- Coordination of teams of specialists
- Crisis intervention
- Family communication and guidance
- Relocation of clients to appropriate levels of care
- Counseling and consultation
To determine whether a Care Manager is right for you and your family click here to look at our checklist.
Our home care and care management services are designed to work together in support of the family AND the elder or special needs adult. Whether you need in home care, care management or both, contact us now for a Complimentary Professional Assessment of your personal situation.